Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Internships -- Who you going to call?

Here's the deal on internships. If you need a letter confirming that you're getting course credit you e-mail me with the internship coordinator's name, the company name and address and the fax number or email address. I will then issue said document.

If you have questions about internships, work with me directly. Keep me posted over the next 2 months as to the progress of your search. Once you get an internship, if you have a problem, you report the problem to me directly. I am the person overseeing the internships and I'm the one that gives you your grade. Carolyn is very helpful in administering the program back on campus but the internships take place here and are therefore under my watch. Thanks.

Note: Same applies for USC classes, obviously my classes, etc. I only point this out so that there's no confusion as to who you should be dealing with. If there's a question regarding how Duke is going to charge you, how quickly Duke is going to post your USC grades, etc, that's a Carolyn question, i.e. if it's administrative or if it involves primarily Durham, run it past Carolyn with a cc to me. However, things that take place out here come directly to me. Things that relate to academic concerns, i.e. things that impact your Duke in LA grades, come directly to me. If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask me.

No comments: