Thursday, November 08, 2007

Another Housing option:Park La Brea


I am exploring setting up a corporate lease Park LaBrea apartments for a 2 br 2 BA unit that would house 4 in a gated community in central LA. Cost of the unit would be split 4 ways and be $950 each/month for a fully furnished unit with lots of amenities! It has parking, it is on a bus line to USC. You would need to split the cost of an ISP, cable, and phone. Here is the list:

The Park La Brea Corporate Advantage:

  • Monthly Billing Statements
  • We accept Master Card, Visa, and American Express
  • Furnishings and Housewares
  • Fully Equipped Kitchens
  • Paid Utilities
  • Maid Service
  • Digital TV & High Speed cable Internet available
  • On Site Business Center and Conference Room
  • Resident Storage Facility
  • 24-Hour Courtesy Patrol
  • Private membership Fitness Center
  • Jr. Olympic Swimming Pool
  • On Site Dry Cleaners
  • Private Parks, Walkways & Beautiful Landscaping on over 160 acres
  • Centrally located near Wilshire Blvd and the Miracle Mile area

ARE YOU INTERESTED? If 4 guys or 4 girls are interested (or if the parties involved don't mind a co-ed situation) I will proceed. (That means I fill out the paperwork, and Duke will pay, but your Duke account will be billed for a share of the apartment). Who is interested?

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know I said I was planning to live at home, but this seems like a really sweet deal, and it's also 8 minutes away from where I could be interning, so I'm really interested in living here!

Tiffany said...

Oh and I was also wondering if there will be parking spaces for all four people living in the apartment?

DULA admin said...

One assigned parking space comes with the unit. However, there are unassigned spaces that the others can use. And they will rent assigned parking spaces fron $35 to $75/month. These spaces are in carports or garages. There are several students who are planning on not having a car--perhaps some of them would be interested?

Kimberly said...

I'm in! I'm generally down for things that make my life simpler.

Verlaine said...

I am trying to contact some more of the guys, but I think this Park La Brea situation would be a good idea. Have you all made your arrangements already? Also, How does the pricing work out. Let me know!

DULA admin said...

A clarification: At this point, I will need to bow out of making financial arrangements via Duke payment at Park LaBrea for a group. Go to the PLB website. You will want to look for the Corporate Deal and call to see what is available. Call each other.